Keith just turned 17 months (1 year and 5 months) yesterday. I am supposed to do a few more posts before this one but my hands has been rather tied up with many happenings in the family and business. This month we have the waitress quiting on us without notice, meaning she left right after payday. So lately have been rather tiring for all of us.
Keith has been becoming more and more adventurous and mischievous too. This picture is taken in 1U TGI Fridays on this Tuesday and I happen to meet up with Shereen and her family too. This is the first time Elaine, Keith and I, as a family meet another family from online, on an outing.
Statistics from last month (will update later on)
Height - 77cm
His milk intake is now about 5-6 bottles of 7oz, he is no long taking his usual porridge anymore but instead he is sharing part grandma's lunch portion and Elaine's or my portion of dinner. We are also ordering the kids order for him when we dine out. Practically eats almost anything except veggies, sourish or spicy stuffs.
He will only fall asleep on our bed because it is big enough for him to turn and toss around to find his best and comfortable sleeping position and only after he fall into a slumber sleep, we would move him back into his cot. He dislikes to be left alone in the room or in the dark but funnily on one occasion he was being whiny and wanted to go out so I went out to off all the lights in the house except the night light in our room but he was not afraid of the dark although he just stood there. If others, like Nicole, would already be crying or whining because of the darkness. That is a great improvement compared to the power trip situation last month.
Now he knows how to wiggle/backward crawl himself to get down from the bed!!! Before I was afraid that he would fall of our bed and now he is yet to be able to climb up. It is sure tough to put him to sleep in the afternoon because he keep wanting to go out and a little more noise than average would make him all excited. I guess it made it hard for him to fall asleep thinking that I might go out without him.
He now has 16 teeth but they are all so crooked leh.
He would be calling me as "apa", his mom as “ama” and my sister as “aka” (supposed to be "ah ku" for paternal aunt. He would now called us to give him food by repeating "umm", and the expression of "ah!" when he wants water..... He rather point with his fingers than verbal.
He is beginning to explore everything now and as before when he want to go somewhere further he would turn around to face us when he wants us to carry him. He has the bad habit of picking up things from the floor but good habit because he would walk to the rubbish bin to throw. He like to do the rowing motion, especially when i hold on to both his hands and he also knows how to rock on a rocking horse too. Now he is able to crawl up one step of the stairs but descend is only with someone holding his hand. He also likes to dance his own moves to the tune of the children songs as well as those more funky (bass filled) music too but lately he prefers the short movie clips I have made for him.
- He would try to be cute by slanting his head to his side and look at me whenever I scold him or give him the stern look. But as soon as I am not looking at him, he would be back to the same mischief again, like bullying Grandma.
- When there is no one to pick him up from the baby chair, he would turn to those he wouldn't normally prefers carrying him, just as long as the person is not a stranger. He is more picky when he is not in the mood or when he wants to go out.
- He is still unable to board onto another person's car without his mommy and I carrying him. Nobody else can carry him into a car because he would start crying, as soon as he boards the car, until he puked on a few occasions in my sister’s car.
- Developed a liking to shout at a very high pitch, when he is unhappy, not given what he wanted, not carried and he baby babbles a lot too.
- He likes to point at things with his index fingers, it is either to where he wanted to go to, something he wanted or when he sees pretty girls. Now he also like to give flying kiss too.
- He is also able to respond very well to "tim choong-choong", "clap-clap hand", "friend kiss" and "habis and occasionally remembers to "gong xi, gong xi". He is not doing less of this because he prefers to shake his body more.
- Likes to put his hand into his mommy's shirt and torture her mole on her upper chest or even our earlobes. Sigh! Sometimes it can get really painful because of his repeated torture and he likes to use his fingernails too. This also serves as a warning to those who wanted to carry him, he likes to put his hand into your shirt and grope....